To begin with, short service and direct short service are two different things entirely. A lot of people keep mixing them up, probably because of the words “Short Service”. So, let`s help clarify things. Direct Short Service Commission applicants are mostly graduates that fill up non-combat roles while the Short Service commission applicants are trained as a combatant. Therefore, if you are graduates and you have wanted to join the Nigerian Navy you can go for the DSSC. DSSC stands for direct short service course.
Read Also: Nigeria navy rank and salary structure
The Nigerian Navy short service course recruitment is an exercise that takes place every year. It is always carried by the Nigerian navy and it is usually done in either April or July. The course is a 9 months programme and it is open to both male and female either in the military or just ordinary civilians. However, there are some criteria that will decide your eligibility if you’re interested in attending the Nigerian Short Service. They are
- You should have graduated from a polytechnic or university and your grades should be good enough to qualify.
- You have to be between the age of 22 and 40 at the point of registering with a birth certificate as a proof
- You should be physically, mentally and medically fit
- You must be at least 1.70 meters in heights if you’re male or 1.67 if you’re female.
- You have to be a citizen of Nigeria
- You should have participated in NYSC or show an official exemption letter from the National Youth Service Corps
- You must give 2 referees
- You should have a record of good behavior
- Lastly, all your documents should be original
How to apply
Unlike those days where you have to go long distances to apply, everything you need to do in terms of the application can now be done online. All you need to do is going to the official website, create an account, then log in with your newly created username and password. Afterward, you need to enter the serial number and pin provided on the e-voucher which you can buy online. Once the application is completed, click on “submit” on the portal to generate transaction ID and you print out the application summary. Furthermore, you will be required to choose a center for your aptitude test in any of the following cities
- Port Harcourt and
You are required to go to the center with an acknowledgement form, guardian consent form, and photo copies of your documents.
light sleeper, heavy dreamer.